10 Reasons to Adopt a Shelter Dog - Pawsindia
Adopting a dog of any kind, like having children or discovering a new best friend, will impact your life in unforeseen ways. In a sense, you're looking for a new best buddy. Your relationship with your dog may turn out to be one of the most crucial of your life. There are numerous alternatives for where and when you should look for your ideal pet.
When it comes to bringing this new fluffy buddy into their home, each family has a different dog in mind. Some families want a large, burly guard dog, while others choose a little, cuddly puppy to sit on their laps. Some families have plenty of time and resources to devote to a challenging dog, while others are daunted by the prospect of training and finding time in their hectic schedules. But, regardless of your circumstances, one thing is certain: somewhere near you, the perfect dog is lonely and waiting for you to adopt it. Getting a dog takes a lot of effort, especially if it's a rescue. It takes time for dogs with complicated histories to adjust to new situations, and it isn't always simple, but there are a lot of surprising benefits to adopting a rescue dog over a puppy purchased elsewhere. The following are 10 reasons why rescue dogs make great pets.
- You'll save a life: Adopting a rescue dog has several advantages, the most important of which is that you have saved an animal's life. Even if you're adopting from a no-kill shelter, keep in mind that depending on the shelter's resources, if a dog isn't taken quickly enough, it may be shuttled somewhere. Furthermore, a vacant spot in the shelter allows for the rescue of another animal. Consider all the orphaned animals looking for a home!
- You give them a home: A rescue dog is unlike any other canine when it comes to appreciating a home. Yes, every puppy adores its parents, but rescue dogs have experienced homelessness. They have a distinct and strong appreciation for the affection you give now that they have a nice thing going with your family. You can recall how much your effort matters every time you have to clean up a mess or put up with the scent of a wet dog.
- Medical bills are taken care of: Vaccinations are almost often completed when pets are adopted from shelters. They will sometimes also spay or neuter your pet for you. There is at least some progress being made on any health issues the dog had when he came into the shelter. Imagine how much you saved on hospital bills!
- You'll have an extremely loyal pet: The bond you form with a rescue dog is one of a kind. He will love and respect you more than you could imagine! Once your new pet learns to trust and love you, nothing can separate you from them. The unwavering loyalty of rescue dogs in the face of adversity is commendable.
- Amazing guard dog: Your pet understands the importance of its new home and may be possessive of it. While having people around may not always be convenient, it can provide an additional degree of security for you and your family. Rescue dogs make excellent guard dogs, ready to frighten away anyone or anything that threatens their new best mates.
- Learn a lesson on selflessness: You'll probably have to offer a rescue animal a lot more of yourself and your time than you would a regular canine. Your new pet has a past, and it may have left scars on them that you are unaware of. It's not easy to put a troubled dog's needs ahead of your own, but the pleasant feeling you'll experience afterwards might just teach you that selflessness is a virtue and transform you into a much nicer person.
- Some pets are already trained: It's not easy to potty train a puppy. Although not all shelter dogs are housebroken, many are. This may make rescue canines a better choice for first-time pet owners or those who are unable to stay at home all day. Untrained puppies must be taken out every couple of hours and cannot be left alone for long periods. You'll save yourself a lot of time and effort by adopting instead.
- Skip the puppy stage: Puppies are too cute to bear, but the havoc they cause isn't. Adopting a puppy entail accepting the possibility of ripped pillows and ruined carpets. Puppies also enjoy doing adorable things like waking you up at 3 a.m. to pee and puking in your bathtub. You can avoid all of that if you choose an older dog. Adopting a puppy, on the other hand, has a lot of advantages. You can begin training your dog at a young age, giving you greater control over its behaviour and temperament. You also get to see some unbearably cute moments, such as when their feet are excessively large for their bodies or when they beg with giant puppy dog eyes. It may be worthwhile to put in the extra effort!
- Help an overburdened shelter: While many enthusiastic volunteers work at shelters, these non-profit facilities are often overtasked. These facilities are usually lacking in amenities, such as cages, outdoor space, and food, even if they manage to hire enough volunteers. These shortages restrict the number of animals the shelter can save. Take some pressure off of the animal shelters by giving them one less dog mouth to feed.
- Can become your fitness coach: Dogs must be walked, and they must be walked frequently. The majority of dog owners walk their pets three times every day. Walking outside has some surprising advantages; you and your puppy will probably feel happier and healthier after getting some exercise. Rescue dogs, in particular, may not have always had someone to walk them regularly. As a result, you'll likely be more inspired to take them for longer walks.
They will always love you. This is 100 per cent correct. A rescue dog's unconditional affection knows no bounds. They are eternally thankful to the human who has taken them in, and they will show their gratitude by licking and wagging their tails.
PawsIndia is a one-stop-shop pet portal for all your pet product needs. We are a leading product development and design company for pets. Our strive for innovation reflects in all our products. We are the forerunners of e-com platforms that provide content, serve local businesses with handcrafted products, and are the ultimate platform for your pet’s well-being.
What makes us different? Pet parents want us!
Our mission is to make their life easy and their pet happy. And a parent's immense happiness is in seeing their child's wagging tails.
With PawsIndia – You Parent, We Pamper.
Let's revolutionise pet space together.
10 Reasons Why Cats Make Wonderful Companions
Cats have an unfavourable reputation. They are viewed as obnoxious, unfriendly, uninterested in humans, and prone to biting and scratching....on